212-619-6000, ext. 210
• J.D., Brooklyn Law School, May 2014
• M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, New Jersey Institute of Technology, May 2011
• B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, New Jersey Institute of Technology, May 2010
• New York
• New Jersey
• Registered Patent Attorney, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
• Registered Engineer in Training, State of New Jersey
• Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Brooklyn Law School
Konstantin Chaus joined Fay Kaplun & Marcin as an Associate in May 2013. He participates in many stages of U.S. and foreign patent persecution in the bio-medical, computer science, electrical and mechanical engineering fields.
Prior to joining Fay Kaplun & Marcin, Mr. Chaus worked as a patent law clerk for Byrne & Poh LLP and as a project engineer for Shupper-Brickle Equipment Co. While at Shupper-Brickle, Mr. Chaus extensively used CAD and CAE software to draft design arrangements for a wide variety of custom jobs. He also provided on-site analysis, reviewed specs and computed calculations to ensure design safety and OSHA compliance.
Mr. Chaus completed his studies at the New Jersey Institute of Technology where he earned his Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees in Mechanical Engineering. His concentration was in CAD/CAM/CAE, Mechanisms and Control.